I got sick of not being able to share gifs while on my phone so I decided to learn a new skill while at the same time scratching my own itch. Allow me to introduce my first Android app:
It's probably far from perfect, but it does the job perfectly for me. A quick overview of the features:
- Ready to search as soon as the app opens.
- Tap on the result you want to immediately choose where to share the link to the image.
- Tap and hold to copy the link to your clipboard.
- Upload images right from your phone by using the (+) button
- Upload images using Android's built in Share functionality by sharing either images themselves, or valid image urls with the app.
Next on my list is creating a version that properly uses Android's latest Material Design changes - and I mean specifically in terms of using the new APIs since I've mostly tried to make the app Material Design-ey anyway.
So... introductions and explanations aside, you can get it here:
Gah! Why the Ads?
Quite simply: because I put a lot of hard work into this and I didn't want to put the entire app behind a pay wall.
I'm in the process of figuring out how to add an in app purchase to remove the ads that will only cost a few pence/cents/insert-pocket-change-of-local-currency-here.